09 August 2011

The Underground Book Jacket

 A wee while ago it was my father's birthday. Last year my brother had the idea to make him a book jacket out of the fabric, which is used to cover the seats in the underground trains. I loved the idea, because my father is collecting books and therefor needs book jackets to protect them. Besides it's just funny, if he's sitting in the train and reading a book, which is covered in the same fabric as the seats. 
Luckily I knew a friend, who had some pieces of that fabric left, so I could sew a useful and unique book jacket. 
Actually, I think I am going to buy more of the fabric and sew some for me and my brother and maybe friends.






1 Kommentar:

  1. Die Buchhülle sieht richtig cool aus! Wenn ich mir irgendwann doch vielleicht mal wieder ein Buch kaufe, dann möchte ich bitte auch so eine haben xD Bezahl dir auch das Material^^
    Mir ist aufgefallen, dass der Bezug von euch so "unschuldig" aussieht, und dass es vielleicht auch ganz interessant aussehen würde, wenn man so richtig altes BESCHMIRRTES Stück nimmt(das natürlich nicht kaputt sein sollte). Hatt bestimmt voll flair ;)
    Meinst du, sowas könnte man über die BVG auch bekommen? Ich meine, die würden es doch sowieso weg schmeißen....

    AntwortenLöschen